The Purchasing Department coordinates all procurement and contracting activities for the City of Bristol, provides support to other departments and to the community. Purchasing manages the delivery of all supplies, equipment, and services, and is responsible for the management and reporting of city owned assets.
The Purchasing Department strives to provide services in recognition of the following objectives:
- To obtain the most cost-effective pricing
- To ensure consistent quality in products and services
- To ensure compliance with city, state and federal guidelines
- To provide beneficial assistance and guidance to city departments
- To provide beneficial assistance and guidance to the general community
Policies and Procedures
The City of Bristol is subject to policies and procedures set forth in the Purchasing Manual updated through March 1, 2023. Please feel free to contact the Purchasing Department if there are any questions relative to said guidelines.
Effective February 1, 2017, the City of Bristol has incorporated into its guidelines a new policy regarding debarment of contractors.
The Purchasing Department additionally sells surplus property on behalf of the City of Bristol.