Who do I contact with housing discrimination complaints?

Federal law prohibits housing discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status or disability. In addition, State of Connecticut law includes marital status (except an unmarried unrelated man and woman), sexual orientation, age (except minors), lawful source of income, and gender identity or expression. If you have been trying to buy or rent a home or apartment and you believe your rights have been violated, you can call the Bristol Fair Housing Officer Stephen Bynum, Division of Community Services at (860) 314-4690. The CT Fair Housing Center website is also a good source of information.

Connecticut Fair Housing Center

Show All Answers

1. What kinds of assistance does the City Economic and Community Development provide to businesses?
2. I want to start a business. What kind of assistance is available?
3. Does the City of Bristol have property for development?
4. What is the Enterprise Zone and what are the benefits found there?
5. What is the CDBG?
6. How is the use of CDBG funds determined?
7. What are the Five-Year Plan priorities?
8. When are applications for CDBG funding accepted?
9. Who can apply to receive CDBG funds?
10. How do I qualify for the Housing Rehabilitation program?
11. Who do I contact with housing discrimination complaints?
12. What kinds of grants does the City of Bristol apply to receive?
13. Can the ECD help homeowners address building/fire code violations and blight issues?